After retiring early from the headship of a local school my husband now works alongside me to run Joyland nursery.
Lynn Hoare: proprieter
Our priority is your child’s safety and happiness. Your child will be cared for by trained and experienced staff. There are up to 20 children and at least 4 staff at all sessions.
The children have some time outside every day. The sessions begin busy, go on to news-time, snack-time, song time, then free play and other planned activities and end with stories. This structure provides security for the shy and stability for the not so shy!
You can read some testimonials from parents and carers here.
Staff names, photographs and relevant qualifications are on the noticeboard.
Staff professional development and training are continually encouraged and provided.
Joyland consists of five main areas;
· The Play Room ; where it is rarely quiet, but 'sitting down' activities take place [puzzles, cars, small world, duplo etc.]
· The Den ; where we sit in a circle for newstime, or in a group for storytime. The computer, for the children's use, is also in this room.
· The Messy Room ; where we have messy play, water play and the staff kitchen and toilet.
· The Noisy Room ; where we have dressing-up and pretend toys to facilitate role-play.
· The Garden ; where we go for at least part of every session. During the summer we take nearly everything outside and enjoy the fresh air.
click on a thumbnail to view the picture